YGAP is a not-for-profit organisation run entirely by volunteers. Our aim is to inspire social entrepreneurs to end poverty.
YGAP drives social change through the provision of youth education and youth leadership. Our model is simple, we use creative fundraising and innovative social enterprising to support poverty alleviating projects across Australia, Asia and Africa.
We work to empower communities disadvantaged by poverty to become self-sustainable. We believe in being creative, innovative and ethical.
To inspire social entrepreneurs to end poverty through youth education and youth leadership.
To empower communities disadvantaged by poverty to be self-sustainable.
Our Founding Legends (Members)
Rather than listing our Founding Legends, we thought we’d share their story… In 2008, a group of friends decided they wanted to bind two loves: travelling and volunteering. After a quick search through international volunteer programs, our ‘legends’ were disenchanted with the exorbitant fees attached to volunteering abroad. As such, YGAP was conceived. YGAP is a vehicle for volunteers to actively fundraise through creative initiatives which support community development projects. Importantly, we still offer all volunteers the chance to head overseas with YGAP to experience the fruits of their volunteering (without charging a penny!)
Our Gurus (Managers)
- Elliot Costello: Co-Founder & CEO
- Elena Critchley: Co-Founder & Events Manager
- Alby Tomassi: Co-Founder & Partnerships Manager
- Kylie Wallace: Fundraising Manager
- Gabe Warren: Operations Manager
- Sean Hanley: Business Manager
- Alex Snow: Asian Projects Manager
- Pat OCallaghan: African Projects Manager
- Scott Duncan: Founding Member
- Eva Daly: Communications Manager
Our Know-Alls (Steering Committee)
- Chris Buchanan (Chairman): Managing Director of BA Associates
- Gemma Hardie: Fundraising Manager, Heart Foundation
- Howard Crichley: Former Managing Director, CEVA Logistics
- Phil Wilkerson: Head of International Development, Tear Australia
- Adrian Lynch: Senior Associate, Hall&Willcox
- Bronwyn Lee: Growth Team Manager, World Vision
- Chris Judd: Captain, Carlton Football Club
- Simon McKeon: Executive Chairman, Macquarie Group
- Gordon Duncan: Managing Director, Linen House